The company is one of the Asia’s leading life insurers and one of the big brands known for asset management. It serves more than 2.2 million customers in 12 countries: China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
The company was using proprietary system as their back end system, to which all the applications were connected. Each system maintained its own copy of services.
- All the front end systems, workflow applications, and other general applications were connected directly to the proprietary system.
- A small change at the OS level would require all the services to be updated, individually.
- The maintenance of the services was a troublesome job, as these services were not deployed at the central server.
- The customer wanted to implement an SOA based system, with which all the services could be consolidated easily and deployed as re-usable services in an SOA environment.
- The SOA system should be able to hook-up with the back end system or a Content Manager, while other applications should connect to the back end system through SOA based system.
SOLUTION KEY FEATURES
AWPL provided a comprehensive IBM Message Broker Solution to the customer, so that the business information could flow effortlessly between different applications across multiple platforms.
- AWPL built a solution that was able to support diverse integration requirements of the customer.
- AWPL implemented IBM Message Broker so as to make it easy for all the front end systems and other general applications to connect to the back end system. SOAP based message flows were developed for building the re-usable services, which were later deployed in the broker environment.
- Currently the message flows are connected to two major backend systems and IBM Content Manager.
- The solution provided by AWPL enabled existing applications for Web Services without any legacy application rewrite, which is usually an expensive affair.
- The point-to-point strain on development resources was avoided by connecting the services over protocols like SOAP.
- The solution helped the customer to reduce the capital expenditure significantly and also enhanced the application and hardware availability.